About this role
Are you ready to work with an exciting start-up that is revolutionizing how dis-information is handled on the internet? Get ready to join a small but growing team of highly talented and visionary engineers that are building exciting AI-driven services and technologies.
As a Graph Analytics Generalist for Blackbird.AI, you will be responsible for developing techniques for transforming graph-structured data and serving it to our dashboard, empowering our analysts to derive maximal insight from the network graph. Your role will require expert knowledge in the following areas:
- Understanding of the representation of graphs and storage paradigms within graph databases, so that user-directed probing and analysis of the graph and relationships can be supported with efficient queries
- Understanding of the mathematical machinery and graph algorithms that feed displays of complex attributed graphs, including attributes on nodes, strengths on relationships, aggregation along parent-child paths, density measures, community/adjacency patterns, etc.
In collaboration with Blackbird’s product management and engineering design teams you will create an innovative man-machine intelligence capability for exploring novel network structures, including structures that evolve over time (e.g. 3D-time).
- Serve data intelligently to empower graph visualizations that address specified user requirements and enable rapid understanding of the meaning of the graph structure, including guiding analysts to the salient features of the graph, and automatically discovering, i.e. surfacing and highlighting as algorithmically defined, noteworthy areas of the graph for exploration
- Suggest novel visualizations of how information flows through complex graphs that evolve over time, how a user might explore a large graph, etc
- Develop prototypes for review and iterate designs to incorporate analyst feedback
- Provide performance testing to assess scaling parametrics and limitations
- Provide quality/reliability screening of back end implementations to support hardening them for deployment
- Assist in migrating hardened implementations into deployment within Blackbird’s system
Job Requirements (Must Have):
- BS degree in Computer Science, Physics, or equivalent
- Knowledge of schema/API of graph databases such as neo4j or TigerGraph sufficient to support optimized queries
- Graph analytics and knowledge of algorithms for computing on graphs including attributes on nodes, strengths on relationships, aggregation along parent-child paths, density measures, community/adjacency patterns, etc.
- Experience working with cloud based services (AWS, Azure, etc) to deploy front-end web apps
- Demonstrated success working with remote distributed teams
Desired Requirements (Helpful to Have):
- Experience using cloud or other popular solutions for rendering high dimensional graphs (e.g., Graphistry, Gephi)
- Experience with graph visualization tools specialized to analyzing social media data (e.g., NetMiner, Social Networks Visualizer)
- Understanding of the computational challenges associated with “spatial layout physics” and rendering of high dimensional graphs, and best practices to address them (software and hardware)
- Knowledge of the most effective design patterns for user interactivity, filtering, and control-navigation modes for interactive graph visualization
- Technical background in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and/or experience designing and implementing interactive query-driven man-machine intelligence systems