About this role
Are you ready to work with an exciting start-up that is revolutionizing how dis-information is handled on the internet? Get ready to join a small but growing team of highly talented and visionary engineers that are building exciting AI-driven services and technologies.
As a Graph Visualization Front-End Developer for Blackbird.AI, you will be responsible for integrating Blackbird’s dashboard tools with various graph visualization engines and expanding the visualization capabilities to assist analysts in rapid discovery of insights in complex network structures. Your role will require expert knowledge in the following areas:
- Most effective design patterns for user interactivity, filtering, and control-navigation modes for interactive graph visualization
- Significant creative UI design skill in making things visually appealing and digestible
In collaboration with Blackbird’s product management and engineering design teams you will create an innovative man-machine intelligence capability for exploring novel network structures, including structures that evolve over time (e.g. 3D-time).
- Design graph visualizations that address specified user requirements that enable rapid understanding of the meaning of the graph structure, including guiding analysts to the salient features of the graph, and automatically discovering, i.e. surfacing and highlighting as algorithmically defined, noteworthy areas of the graph for exploration
- Implement user support features such as save state (for reload), return to perspective view, waypoint navigation, generate flythrough video
- Develop prototypes for review and iterate designs to incorporate analyst feedback
- Provide performance testing to assess scaling parametrics and limitations
- Provide quality/reliability screening of front end implementations to support hardening them for deployment
- Assist in migrating hardened implementations into deployment within Blackbird’s system
Job Requirements (Must Have):
- BS degree in Computer Science, Physics, or equivalent
- Experience working with cloud based services (AWS, Azure, etc) to deploy front-end web apps
- Demonstrated success working with remote distributed teams
Desired Requirements (Helpful to Have):
- Experience using cloud or other popular solutions for rendering high dimensional graphs (e.g., Graphistry, Gephi)
- Awareness of the current state-of-the-art in graph visualization tool sets for high dimensional graphs (3D and 2D projection)
- Experience with graph visualization tools specialized to analyzing social media data (e.g., NetMiner, Social Networks Visualizer)
- Knowledge of schema/API of graph databases such as neo4j or TigerGraph sufficient to support optimized queries
- Understanding of the representation of graphs and storage paradigms within graph databases, so that user-directed probing and analysis of the graph and relationships can be supported with efficient queries
- Computational challenges associated with the “spatial layout physics” and rendering of high dimensional graphs, and best practices to address them (software and hardware)
- Understanding of the mathematical machinery and graph algorithms that feed displays of complex attributed graphs, including attributes on nodes, strengths on relationships, aggregation along parent-child paths, density measures, community/adjacency patterns, etc.
- Graph analytics and knowledge of algorithms for computing on graphs including attributes on nodes, strengths on relationships, aggregation along parent-child paths, density measures, community/adjacency patterns, etc.
- Technical background in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and/or experience designing and implementing interactive query-driven man-machine intelligence systems